The fruit-nut-cheese salad is my go-to weekday salad. My kids started eating salad when I introduced this recipe to the dinner table. This salad with its trio of ingredients is the gateway to enjoying salads. The fruit and varying textures make this salad irresistible. What I love is how quick and easy this salad is to make. We never get bored because we rotate the fruit selection by the season.
Just start with any lettuce. Top with any fruit, any nut, and any cheese, and there you have it: a quick, easy, delicious salad. Feel free to add avocado and croutons as well because they both make everything taste better.
Here are my favorite combinations:
Peaches, Pistachios, &Ricotta Salata (Summer):
Pear, Pomegranate, Walnuts, and Blue Cheese (Fall):
Tangerine, Almonds, and Goat Cheese (Winter)
Or a similar tangerine salad that I call my Sweet/Savory Crunchy/Smooth salad:
Tip: I like to serve the salad in a large, flat bowl like a pasta serving dish. Once the salad is tossed, the toppings tend to fall to the bottom. With a shallow dish, the yummy toppings are never too far away.
I hope this salad converts the people in your life into salad lovers.
|Strawberry Salad|| |
- 4 cups loosely packed mixed baby lettuce
- ½ pint strawberries, green tops removed and sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salad dressing such a simple vinaigrette made with Calivirgin's Basil Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar or Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette.
- Place lettuce in a serving bowl. Sprinkle salad with strawberries, pecans, and cheese.
- Lightly dress the salad, and serve immediately.